Saturday, January 14, 2006

I would like you all to meet Touky. He is the newest member of my family and comes all the way from Costa Rica! He was a wonderful present from Stephanie. When naming him I didn't follow the normally pattern of the names I gave to my other animals, which are Mooie and Oinky. Squawky would have worked I supposed, but I think Touky sounds better. I hope you all enjoy his lovelyness. I know I do.

Thanks to Iron Chef American, I have become horrified with how they kill animals before we eat them. Specifically water animals such as lobster, crabs, crayfish, and in this certain episode, fish. Can we find a more humane way of ending their lives opposed to throwing them into a boiling pot of water, cutting them in half, or cutting their heads off? The secret ingredient was a certain type of fish and one of the chefs was filleting this fish alive! I mean the fish was still flopping around while he was slicing into its body! My soul actually hurts for these animals! Something must be done to help these poor creatures.

Yes, its Saturday night and I'll admit that I did nothing tonight. Krista, Stephanie, and I sat in and watched Law and Order: SVU all night. I honestly didn't want to do anything tonight. I know, I'm a loser. I'm also going to bed as soon as I finish this update. I just have to get all rested up for game night tomorrow night!

I'm outraged at this town. Who came up with closing the mall at 7?! Its just ridiculous. Not only that, the movie we were going to see is playing no where near this town. Someone needs to fix these things and fast!

Random Thought of the Day: All of the lightbulbs in our apartment are burning out at once.

Quotes of the Day: Dr Featherstone "For those of you who are poor or who may have a gambling problem, I have the textbook on reserve in the library."
Stephanie (opening a can of tuna) "Shit! This is chicken...Oh, of the sea."

Little Known Fact About Me: I really want a plant, but I'm afraid I'll kill that one too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Tooky or Touky? You have the pic spelled a different way

4:36 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Well, it was originally going to be Tooky, but since its spelled toucan, I went with Touky.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

This is seriously ridiculous. i'm going to have to start posting for you.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! he pictures nicely...
~Steph

I'VE MISSED YOU TOOO...that kinda goes with that last entry but you know..

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home